The farm Jakkalskuil has been the property of the de Villiers family since the early 1867s. Producing wool, export quality lamb and biltong are the main products of the Jakkalskuil farming activities.
The camp is 1 km from the main house and totally private. There are five bedrooms, each with two beds and three shared bathrooms. The kitchen is well equipped with everything needed for a relaxing stay. The lapa outside has enough firewood for a campfire, to cook on or to relax with a sundowner and to enjoy the stars and the howl of a jackal in the background.
A comfortable living room ensures hours of reading pleasure. During the day you can experience the wildlife by driving around or taking a hiking trail. Carrying a camera and binoculars during an early mornings hike is essential. A nearby dam can be a way of cooling off during the hot summer Karoo days.
Hunting equipment and clothing
A pair of good binoculars, pocketknife, video camera / camera.
Lightweight hunting clothes with a warm jacket will be most suitable, as it gets hot soon after sunrise, and cold at night.
khaki colored or camouflage suits are preferable and do not forget a hat and sunblock lotion.
We require all our hunters to supply their own medical insurance and to sign an indemnity form on arrival.
A well-stocked medicine chest is kept, but specific or prescription medicines should be brought from the client’s home country
- There are hiking trails where one can see prehistoric rock engravings and working tools as well as an abundance of animal and plant life.
- During a night drive you’ll see the Karoo come alive with all the shy nocturnal creatures.
- Tours to nearby Anglo Boer War sites are available on request.
- While maintaining all reasonable care and precautions for the safety of our clients, we accept no responsibility for any illness, negligence, accident or loss, or for expenses arising there of.
- Personal insurance should be taken to cover yourself and your property.
- We believe in eco friendly hunting and take great care not to damage the environment or wildlife.
- Warm hospitality throughout your stay and caring for your personal needs, are our priorities.
- After all: The finest hunting at the best prices!
Comfortable and well-equipped
A comfortable, well-equipped and serviced Bush Camp provides facilities for eight hunters. For your convenience there is electricity, but also a “Lapa” to build a campfire during the nights.
Within walking distance of the Bush Camp, Nyala, Impala, Springbuck, Steinbuck, and Guinea fowl roam free and can be observed in their natural habitat.
Available in the camp!